Annual “Pawlidays Survey” from VetIQ Shares Fun Insights About Pet Owners and Their Pets
EAGLE, Idaho (December 15, 2015)—VetIQ® provider of quality and affordable pet health products – today revealed the results of its 2015 “Happy Pawlidays” nationwide survey. The study, which reflects feedback from over 1,400 pet owners, gives fun insight about their pets during the “most wonderful time of year”.
For example, when it comes to celebrating the holidays, 60% of dog owners would prefer to smooch their dog under the mistletoe (60%) instead their significant other or spouse (40%). The overwhelming majority (90%) of dog owners say that their dog is on the nice list this year versus the naughty list (10%).
Additional Highlights from the VetIQ 2015 “Happy Pawlidays” Survey:
- When asked what Christmas song best describes their dog, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” (52%) and “Joy to the World” (35%) were the most popular choices with “Feliz Naughty Dog,” (9%) and “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”(4%) following behind.
- More than 45% say their dog would be the first to dig into the holiday leftovers versus their spouse/significant other (30%), or themselves (25%).
- 82% of pet owners say that they would rather spend the holiday at home snuggled up with their dog than visit family or friends (18%).
- 85% of pet owners think that Santa Paws rocks the red suit better than Santa Claus (15%).
- More than 71% of pet owners say that their dog’s favorite stocking stuffer is tasty treats, like Minties dog dental treats, rather than toys (15%), stuffed animals (12%), or a shiny new collar (1%).
“Today more than ever, we know that pets are treated as members of the family,” said Glen Moore, vice president of marketing for VetIQ. “We wanted to get a pulse on how owners really feel with a fun Christmas-themed survey. The results confirm what we already know…pets are a very important source of friendship and love for pet parents!”
VetIQ offers veterinarian recommended pet prescription medications, over-the-counter flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for pets, at savings to other brand name alternatives. The company’s extensive pet care portfolio consists of Minties® Dental Treats, a vet recommended dental health treats for your dog that make the perfect stocking stuffer, VetGuard Plus® Flea & Tick control, and VetIQ® Health & Wellness products. For more information, please visit www.VetIQ.com.