Effective Date: November 30, 2020
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our Site. We collect and use your non-personal information differently than your personal information.
Information You Provide
PetIQ collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us to request information, sign up for newsletters or our email list, use our service, or otherwise contact us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies or can be used to identify a natural person. The Personal Information we collect from you may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and information about your pet.
We may combine the information you provide to us with information from and about you that we automatically collect when you visit the Site, from third parties, or other online and offline sources.
Information Automatically Collected
Each time you visit this Site to read or download information, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you from your computer. If you only read or download information on our Site, we do not collect or learn your name, email address, home address or other Personal Information about you.
We may use web beacons and we may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of your computer when you visit. Our third party analytics and advertising service providers may also use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies. These allow PetIQ, and our third party analytics and advertising service providers, to collect non-Personal Information about you and your use of our Site, advertising and social media.
Tracking Options and Options for Opting-Out
Certain parts of our Site require “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer. You may adjust your browser or operating system setting to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, some parts of our Site may not work properly. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to adjust your tracking settings or cookie preferences.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks like Facebook that you use to connect with PetIQ or the Site. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site, as well as information collected offline or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Site and services.
We may store certain non-personal and Personal Information including your full name; email address; phone number; mailing address; pet information; shopping behavior and preferences; information you provide to us through social media; location and geographic information; and other information you may provide to us or that may be provided to us by third parties.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request and communicate with you;
- To respond to your inquiries via email, regular mail or otherwise;
- To provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or on other sites or with other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To understand the way you use our Site and other websites;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from PetIQ or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site and improve our content and services;
- To help us make our Site, programs, products, services and content more useful to you, and more useful to other visitors.
- To address problems with the Site or our business;
- To prepare reports and other materials about Site traffic and Site interaction;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business;
- As described to you at the point of data collection; and
- To demonstrate compliance with FDA regulations.
If we receive updated Personal Information from third parties, we may revise your account for you so that we can efficiently communicate with you.
PetIQ may share aggregate or anonymous non-Personal Information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
PetIQ may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Site (“Service Providers”). Service Providers will have access to your information needed to perform their business functions, and may have their own policies about how they use information collected when you visit our Site or interact with our advertising or social media.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the Personal Information you provide to us. To update your information stored by PetIQ, contact us at [email protected].
MOBILE TEXT COMMUNICATIONS
As a service to you, if your phone is able to receive text messages and you are a subscriber of one of our participating wireless network providers, you may have the option of subscribing to PetIQ’s SMS (text messaging) program which will provide you with important reminders concerning flea and tick applications and other health-related information for your pet. You will receive secured short code to text keywords to in order to sign up for this program. Additional network rates may apply. Neither PetIQ nor your wireless network provider will be liable to you for delays or undelivered messages. You will receive SMS MT if your device cannot support MMS. You may opt-out of receiving text messages through this program by texting the SMS message ‘STOP’ to the applicable short code.
OPTING-OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you prefer not to receive Marketing Communications from PetIQ, you may manage your receipt of Marketing Communications and other communications that are not Essential Communications from PetIQ by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of every email we send, texting the SMS message ‘STOP’ to the applicable short code, or by contacting [email protected] and requesting to be unsubscribed from our email lists. Note that notwithstanding your opting out of Marketing Communications, we may still contact you in connection with specific requests from you, issues specific to you, or Essential Communications.
Any Personal Information or content that you may disclose on our Site, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Site, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in these public areas.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 (CCPA) allows you to request that we provide you with information describing the types of Personal Information collected from you, the sources from which the Personal information was collected, the business purpose, and the third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information during the preceding 12 months. PetIQ may share your Personal Information with certain affiliated third parties, some of which may not share the PetIQ name for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, as this category of affiliate is considered an unaffiliated party under California law, and included in the foregoing information requests.
You may request the foregoing information twice during any 12-month period by contacting us at [email protected] or 855-275-3436. We will respond to your disclosure request within 45 days, provided, that we reserve the right to extend this period for an additional 45 days if necessary to verify your information and the veracity of your request. We will notify you of any such extension prior to the end of the initial 45-day period. The information will be provided to you at no cost either by mail or electronically.
In addition to your right to opt-out from having your Personal Information shared with third parties (other than Essential Communications), you may also request that we delete from our database any Personal Information that we have collected about you. We will not, however, be obligated to comply with your deletion request if our retention of your Personal Information is necessary for us to comply with any of the following:
- Provide you with a good or service you have requested, or to complete a particular transaction in process for which your Personal Information was collected, or to otherwise perform a contract entered into between us;
- Detect a security incident, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another customer or consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, whereby our deletion of your Personal Information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, as long as you have provided your consent;
- Necessary for our internal business operations that are reasonably aligned with your expectations and our business relationship;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Use your Personal Information for internal use only in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you have provided us with the Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You acknowledge and agree that PetIQ is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites, and that the access or use of any such linked websites is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against PetIQ with respect to such linked websites.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of 13. Please contact us if you think we may have collected information from a child under the age of 13.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
If you have additional questions, please contact us at any time at [email protected] or write to us at:
230 E Riverside Dr
Eagle, ID 83616
Attn: Customer Service