Last Updated & Effective Date: December 30, 2022
Which websites does this policy apply to?
This policy applies to PetIQ, as well as PetIQ’s affiliates and brands.
What are cookies?
What categories of cookies do we use?
PetIQ uses both required or essential cookies and non-essential cookies.
- Required cookies, also called essential or necessary cookies, are critical to the running of our websites and enable core functionality. These cookies also allow us to authenticate visitors to our websites. That is, our websites cannot function properly without these cookies. These cookies can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences, not through our cookie consent tool. However, for maximum functionality of our websites, we would recommend that you not disable these cookies.
- Non-essential cookies help us to make sure you have the best possible experience on our websites and help us to manage the online advertising messages you see from us or from other third parties. PetIQ’s cookie consent tool lists two broad categories of non-essential cookies: functional cookies and advertising cookies. More specifically, PetIQ uses the following categories of non-essential cookies:
- Advertising. These cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized advertisements as you browse and use the internet. These cookies fall within the advertising cookies category of our cookie consent tool.
- Analytics. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics, the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. These cookies fall within the functional cookies category of our cookie consent tool.
- Functional. These cookies help to perform certain functionalities such as sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features. These cookies fall within the functional cookies category of our cookie consent tool.
- Performance. These cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website, which helps in delivering a better user experience for visitors. These cookies fall within the functional cookies category of our cookie consent tool.
- Preference. These cookies allow our website to remember certain preferences that you indicate, such as which products you place in your shopping cart, and your language and website display preferences. These cookies fall within the functional cookies category of our cookie consent tool.
- Social or Sharing Tools. Social cookies are placed by many social media platforms and other sharing tools meant to provide or improve content on a website, and to make it easier to share content across multiple platforms. We integrate these cookies into our platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our website. These cookies are set by third parties so that they can collect information from and about visitors to our website, and to their websites. These cookies fall within the functional and advertising cookies categories of our cookie consent tool.
- Third Party. These cookies are set by third parties so that they can collect data from and about visitors to our website. All cookies used on our website are third-party cookies, but some are placed by our service providers. Accordingly, each of the above-mentioned categories of cookies, including required cookies, include third party cookies. Please note that in addition to our service providers, some of the third party cookies utilized on our website are used for practices such as targeted and cross context behavioral advertising, analytics, and/or market research, as indicated in the advertising cookies section of our cookie tool. Examples of third parties who place cookies on our website who are not service providers include the following:
- Google Analytics
• We may use Google Analytics to help measure how users interact with our website. https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Google Ads
• We may use Google Ads to deliver targeted advertisements to individuals who visit our website. https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
• We may use Facebook to allow visitors to our website to interact with and share content via Facebook’s social media platform. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/
• We may use Twitter to allow visitors to our website to interact with and share content via Twitter’s social media platform. https://twitter.com/en/privacy
• We may use LinkedIn to allow visitors to our website to interact with and share content via LinkedIn’s social media platform. https://privacy.linkedin.com/
• We may use YouTube to display video content. https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/our-commitments/protecting-user-data/#:~:text=We%20do%20not%20sell%20your,serving%20relevant%20ads%20for%20you
• We may use Pinterest to allow visitors to our website to interact with and share content via Pinterest’s social media platform. https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
• We may use MIXX to allow visitors to our website to interact with and share content via MIXX’s social media platform. https://www.mixx.com/privacy-policy
- Google Analytics
- Non-essential pixel tags and similar technologies (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used by us in connection with some online services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the online platform (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the online experience and response rates.
How long do cookies stay on my computer, smartphone, or other device?
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two general types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use one of our websites (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using one of our websites). Session cookies help a website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improving your experience while using that website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited a website and enable the website remembers you the next time you visit. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique user/visitor of one of our websites.
Can I control or manage cookies on my computer, smartphone, or other device?
Yes, there are two ways in which you can control or manage cookies on your device:
- Using Your Browser. The browsers of most computers, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for any website, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s “help” function will tell you how to do this. However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our websites. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how a particular website works. To find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Can I control third parties’ cookies?
Third party cookies are cookies set by someone other than us for purposes of collecting information on user behavior, demographics, or personalized marketing. When using our websites, you may also encounter embedded content or you may be directed to other websites for activities such as surveys, to make payment, or for job applications. These websites and embedded content may use their own cookies. Please note, we do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites, even if you are directed to them from our websites.
Can cookies pass on my Personal Information to others?
PetIQ will not sell (in the traditional sense of the word) any Personal Information gathered through cookies on any of our websites to third parties. However, we may use non-essential cookies on our websites to help us enhance the user/visitor experience and, as part of this process, we may share certain limited personal information with our analytics, advertising, and marketing service providers, as well as with some of our affiliate companies and retail partners. This sharing may constitute a “sale” or “sharing” of data under the definition of certain state consumer privacy laws. For more information on how we share and/or sell data, please read our Privacy Notice.
Do cookies compromise my security?
No, in fact many of the cookies we use are designed to provide important security features, such as protecting your Personal Information/Data and/or your accounts.
What about cookies that have been set in the past?
Collection of your data/information from our non-essential cookies can be deleted. If cookies are deleted, the information collected prior to the preference change may still be used, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information from your user/visitor experience.
What if I have additional questions?